Monday, November 29, 2010

The Good 'Ole Days

Day # 8
Once upon a time, no one locked their doors.
At least that is what I am told. I KNOW there was a time when I did not lock
my car door everytime I got out. Who in their right mind would take something from someone else's car?
Now,
I lock my car door even in my own carport, because there is rampant theivery around here.
In days gone by, we trusted people we did not even know. There seems to be a shift from 'trust everyone' to 'trust no one'. How did this happen?
AS angry as I get at injustices all around, I am reminded that God is supreme...He is in control.
These are the good old days. These days are all we have...can't change the past--can only change the future by what we do today...the present. What do we do with these days? Do we make them "the good old days" for those we leave behind?
What is the best way to do that?
I think, by removing the locks on our minds and hearts, and by
loving
more, these days will be remembered as the good old days....

2 comments:

  1. I love you, Mom! And I love the piocture, and your blogging. Thanks for all of the good old days. ;) XOXO

    ReplyDelete