Saturday, February 20, 2010

The impetus for the aspiration!

Today we were able to go to the farm, to clear the fire breaks for the spring burn. We found the old hollow tree that housed the bee colony, but it was empty....I think..

Sunday, February 14, 2010

"The boxes are ready!!"

today we finished painting the bee hives--2 of them....2 deep brood chambers and four supers...2 hive stands, bottom boards, inner covers and outer covers. Now I am waiting on the bees....2 3-pound bags, each with a marked queen.
Photos to come when I learn how to do this!!
My newly found "bee friend" told me I needed to stop calling them 'boxes' and start calling them "hives" so I will soon be a beekeeper...but not till I get the bees--my new girls!!