Friday, June 8, 2012

Five-minute Friday: Expectation

The five-minute Friday is from the Gypsy Mama blog, and challenges us to just write for 5 minutes on given subject. I have set the timer and am off with it!!! Expectation.....this word struck me as I read it because I am a Labor and Delivery nurse, and every patient I see has definite expectations regarding the new life coming into the world. Sometimes our 'expectations' get tangled up with 'potential' and neither are met....I have been accused of setting expectations of others too high, but I am a believer that all things should be done to the best of our ability, and I am left confused why anyone would do anything otherwise....A scripture comes to mind: "Whatsoever ye do, do it heartily as unto the Lord"....expecting today to be a great day, full of thankfulness and gratitude for all thd expectations I have seen fulfilled--with joy and laughter--and I am content.

1 comment:

  1. MOM!!! You're doing 5-minute Friday? AWESOME! Love this. Love you. <3

    ReplyDelete