Monday, February 21, 2011

Disco Inferno

Part of managing....ahem..... a farm, means we keep the grounds 'tidy' (haha). We "lit up" the pile of pine tree tops that the ice claimed earlier in the winter.... That flame lashed higher than the old house that watched close by.....



A 'managed' burn is 'good' for the forrest....and the farm! My brave hubby loves to burn off the land. I would guess he burned 95% of the 56 acres we enjoy so much. During some of that 'burning' I drove ahead in the Mule while he poured the fire out on the ground..carefully 'dropping' the burn lines so that they would meet each other, and not get out of control. When he needed more fuel, he got it out of the back of the mule...I dutifully took pictures...lots of them.
Fire is so powerful. I was mesmerized by the flames and the behavior of the fire. I wondered who first connected the words "fire " and "passion".......why do we cheer "get---fired---up--".
there is no fire without fuel.....
then I wonder .....what does being "on fire for the Lord" look like in every day life?
It's time I stoke THAT fire!! ;0)

2 comments: