Monday, February 7, 2011

veinte y ocho!!! It's another day, already!!

Last week, I said I would post "something" on another day--and what do ya know--it's another day and I am quoting ver batim:

8/4/09
I watched about a five-minute segment of a TV show called "The Closer" last night.
My hubby was watching it and I paused in the room long enough to realize it was a show that featured a southern lawyer, closing a case...more or less. Her lines were funny, and I liked that little piece.

Today finds me "cleaning out" the sewing closet. I use the word 'cleaning' loosely, since there is NO real cleaning involved...mostly just clearing, or better yet 'going through' lots of old stuff and moving that old stuff to another area of the closet...but there is SOME actual throwing away of old things (although I am much too sentimental to throw away too much...)

Anyway, I found a few (OK-several) projects that are started, but not finished. I will finish them one day, perhaps. I want them to be finished. I want to see them finished so other folks can say "wow--you made THIS??? It is really nice"...but, as I get older and older, I realize there will come a day when I have started more projects than my life has time to finish. My children (God bless them) will have to decide what in the world is this? Or what was it going to be? and they will (most likely) toss my started projects in the trash.

Wouldn't it be neat if there was a business out there that would take unfinished projects and complete them? For a nuclear-split-second I thought I could do that for other folks as a gift...but alas, I can't even finish my OWN projects. What makes me think I would finish anyone else's? I think this 'not-finishing-what-you-started' disease is hereditary. My own mother recently gave me a bag full of yarn, twelve pairs of knitting needles, and 2 unfinished projects--because she knew I could knit (and she wisely does not.) Seems a 'friend' of hers had a relative die. That relative did not finish 2 knitting projects. My mother (the middle man in this business) passed this kit on to me...as a kindness...of some sort.

I gladly took the yarn and needles...such potential...

Now I am bringing this all together...

I am not "The Closer". You are not "The Closer". Neither my mother nor Kyra Sedgwick is "The Closer". The real Closer is Almightly God...Alpha & Omega...beginning and the end. He does not throw anything I've done or will do in the trash. He loves me and guards me. I am reminded of Jeremiah 29:11, which states "I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord--plans to prosper you and not to harm you; plans to give you a hope and a future." What potential!!!

I will gently work on projects I have started. I may or may not finish them all, but one project I know will not be completed until I die is my journey to know God and His Som, Jesus Christ better everyday. I expect this project will be trashed by some, and hopefully "taken up" by others.

Wow-- I've really veered off from the "cleaning-out-of-the-sewing-closet" project.
Guess I better finish now..ha-ha..makes me laugh out loud!!


bzzzzzzzzzzz

No comments:

Post a Comment