Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Numero Ocho...or is it oucho?

I am curious about what we are going to do with so many empty plastic coffee containers. I "saved" them at first because I can't stand just throwing away perfectly good containers...but folks...I drink alot of coffee and have no shortage of coffee containers.

I have sent them out to the "man cave" my husband calls his "little house". The red plastic containers hold screws and wire and various other hardware items that he can always seem to find just when he needs them.

I have been known to line them up to catch the rain dripping off the roof. I have actually held the containers under the rain spout to catch the water and dump the water into larger buckets. This way, I can pretend I'm saving the world, by saving the water!! There are 2 buckets and a red container of water still under the carport...waiting for a dry day in the springtime...

In the mean time, I'm still drinking coffee, and toting the red containers to the farm, so we can catch rain water there--and hold spare nails and pick up little pieces of rusted metal from the earth, when I see it. I know one day I'll have so many coffee containers I'll be thinking, "what can I build with these"??? Can I build a bridge? Can I build a 'teepee'? Can I build a tree house?

If you ever get a package in the mail, and it has a peculiarly round shape--say--like a coffee container, don't be afraid of it. Just close your eyes---hold it close to your face--take in a deep breath and know you too will soon have your own special arabica-fragranced all purpose container!

Yep--I love you that much and more!!

...one more '12' for this week!!....

bzzzzzzzz

2 comments:

  1. YOU ARE KILLIN' ME!!!!! Funniest person. In. The. World.

    I miss YOUUU!!! bzzzzzzz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you!

    And, it's not reducing, but it IS reusing (better even than recycling). feel free to pop some in the mail! Or build a solar oven! :)

    ReplyDelete