Thursday, November 11, 2010

Day # 10 Something you're afraid of.....


....gas grills used to scare me....I was afraid to light them. You should have seen me---torn between the excitement of surprising my husband with a grilled hamburger and the sheer fear of the grill exploding because I lit the entire gas tank and blew up the entire neighborhood. Our grill had a little hole underneath the "body" that you were supposed to stick the lit match in, and the grill would just light up. the second I stuck the match in I would turn around and run around the patio--just waiting for the BIG BOOM.....(it never happened..duh...) Instead..I would breathe a sigh of relief and put the meat on the fire!! ...I know, I know...I DID say I USED to be afraid of gas grills. The one we have now kinda/sorta lights itself up. I feel safer.....the whole neighborhood feels safer.

Truth is, when I wonder what I am afraid of I think of Psalms 56:11 and smile!!

No comments:

Post a Comment