Sunday, November 21, 2010

Day # 20 Playing "Catch Up"


Whoa...didn't expect THAT one, did ya now??? I have been debating whether or not to continue my blogs in order--using the lists of one (or both!) daughters' topics, or just jump right ahead to day # 20. It really doesn't matter anyway, since I have failed the "30-day Challenge". We went out of town, and I didn't have computer access for 2 days. So, if the 'math' is correct, you have deduced that I was home in time to post at least one blog entry yesterday. Very good Watson.....I am one of those types who, when fail, just concede. Like when I was on a diet, ate the vanilla-cream-cheescake with caramel topping, and commenced to finish off the oreo cookies, croissants, and that little dab of Turtle ice cream. THAT way, there will be NO MORE desserts in the house, and I can start anew the next day...so....with all that unnecessary chatter, perhaps I will start anew with the postings...


Just to prove I CAN post 30 days in a row, tomorrow will be my new#1 and I will use any topic I choose. Is it OK to make up my own rules, since I am out of the other game?


I have started cooking for Thanksgiving...no--I have started preparing for Thanksgiving dinner. I have measured out and bagged up most of the ingredients, because it is too early to crack the eggs, but since I have to work 12-hour shifts on Tuesday and Wednesday, time is of the essence.


I dream of having all my children together again, but it won't be THIS Thanksgiving. Yet, I am deeply grateful for the love I feel, whether or not they are here. And deeply grateful they have loved ones with them where they are. Can't wait till Thursday!! ;0)

No comments:

Post a Comment