Saturday, November 13, 2010

Day # 12 What you believe...

I believe for every drop of rain that falls, a flower grows.
I believe that somewhere in the darkest night, a candle glows.
I believe for everyone that goes astray, someone will come to show the way--I believe....I believe.
I believe above a storm the smallest prayer can still be heard.
I believe tht Someone in the great 'somewhere', hears every word.
Everytime I hear a newborn baby cry, or touch a leaf, or see the sky--then I know why I believe........

These are the lyrics to a song I used to hear my daddy sing....I "googled"it just to see who REALLY gets the credit (cuz I know it wasn't my daddy!). I'll give them due respect now: Erwin Drake- Irvin Graham- Jimmy Shirl-Al Stillman.)

I used to love to hear my daddy sing...and see him smile...and watch him 'flirt' with my mom at the kitchen sink....even if he was a little 'tipsy' sometimes....(boy would my grandmother have a fit if she saw THAT in print!) The last thing I heard him sing was "Amazing Grace" at his church--he did a solo from the pulpit. I wonder if it was Father's Day or some other so-called "special" Sunday..I really don't remember, but I DO remember his singing....
I miss him and do believe I'll see him again in heaven.
There is a whole bunch of other stuff I believe......perhaps we can sit down and talk about it sometime.....

1 comment:

  1. I love you, Mom! And I knew that song as soon as I started reading <3

    ReplyDelete